Online File Storage
ITS provides a number of ways for faculty, staff, and students to store files and data.
- U: drive - Storage space available to all faculty, staff, and students from UWL computers. Faculty and staff have 15 GB of available storage. Students are allocated 200 MB. The U: drive is available after logging into any UWL office, lab, or classroom computer.
- N: drive - Departmental file storage space available to faculty and staff. It is available when logging into office computers.
- O: drive - Also referred to as the OLF Cabinet, this is file storage that can be requested from ITS and made available to groups of faculty, staff, or students. For more information contact the Eagle Help Desk.
- All network storage is backed up by ITS nightly.
- All network storage is available off campus through the Virtual Desktop and through VPN.
- OneDrive is part of the Office365 Suite of applications, provides up to 1 TB of file storage to faculty, staff, and students.
- Allows data to be saved via secure web-based storage.
- Preferred method of saving and backing up files.
- Click here to log into Office365.
- Google Drive provides up to 30 GB of file storage to faculty, staff, and students.
- Allows faculty, staff, and students to share data freely with each other and the world.
- Tracks changes and provides version control to documents, spreadsheets, etc.
- Available anywhere at drive.uwlax.edu.