Duo - One-Time Passcode or Bypass Code
How to obtain a one-time passcode for Duo.
Did you forgot your Duo authentication device (fob or phone) at home or is your Duo authentication device not working currently? Don't worry, you can obtain a one-time passcode or a bypass code without it. There are two options in which you can do this.
Option #1: One-Time Passcode
If you have access to your Text Enabled Phone or Non-University Email and/or have this personal contact information updated.
- If you need to update your Non-University Email and/or Text Enabled Phone, then please check out the KB article called "How do I update my personal information?" for more assistance.
1. Go to the password reset page at https://www.uwlax.edu/info/password-reset/.
2. Click on Duo Device.
3. Get through the "I'm not a robot" page by doing what is prompted and click Next.
4. Log in using your NetID and password.
5. Click on One-time passcode.
6. Select either Non-University Email or Text Enabled Phone to send your self a one-time passcode and click Send.
7. Your one-time passcode has been successfully sent if you see the message "Your bypass code has been sent!" on the next page.
8. Once this one-time passcode has been received, then you can enter it into the Enter a Passcode option when prompted by Duo when logging into your account.
*Note: This passcode that was sent to you will only work once. If you need a new one, then you'll have to go through this process again.
Option #2: Bypass Code
If Option #1 does not work or you are unable to send yourself a one-time passcode to your Text Enabled Phone or Non-University Email.
- Call the Eagle Help Desk at (608) 785-8774 to obtain a bypass code.
- Enter that bypass code into the Enter a Passcode option when prompted by Duo while logging in your account.