Duo - One-Time Passcode or Bypass Code
How to obtain a one-time passcode for Duo.
Did you forgot your Duo authentication device (fob or phone) at home or is your Duo authentication device not working currently? Don't worry, you can obtain a one-time passcode or a bypass code without it. Here are two options:
Option #1: One-Time Passcode
If you have access to your Text Enabled Phone or Non-University Email and/or have this contact information updated in your MyUW System (HR) portal under Personal Details.
1. Go to the password reset page at https://www.uwlax.edu/info/password-reset/.
2. Click on Duo Device.
3. Get through the "I'm not a robot" page by doing what is prompted and click Next.
4. Log in using your NetID and password.
5. Click on One-time passcode.
6. Select either Non-University Email or Text Enabled Phone in order to send a One-time passcode to yourself.
7. Enter that one-time passcode into the Enter a Passcode option when prompted by Duo while logging into your account.
*Note: This passcode that was sent to you will only work once. If you need a new one, then you'll have to go through this process again.
Option #2: Bypass Code
If Option #1 does not work or you are unable to send yourself a one-time passcode to your Text Enabled Phone or Non-University Email.
- Call the Eagle Help Desk at (608) 785-8774 to obtain a bypass code.
- Enter that bypass code into the Enter a Passcode option when prompted by Duo while logging in your account.
*Note: We do not send bypass codes through email