Akindi - Export grades to D2L
This document will give instructions about how to move grades from Akindi to D2L.
Export grades to D2L
- Complete the Akindi steps as a Canvas user would except do not hit the 'Send Grades to Canvas' button in Akindi.
- Navigate to the Results page of an assessment.
- Click Actions>Download CSV and click Download (instead of clicking 'Send Grades to Canvas'). Download.
- In D2L, go to Grades > Export.
- Select Org Defined ID.
- Select Points Grade.
- Select Last Name and First Name.
- Select the Grade Item for the quiz/exam.
- Click Export to CSV.
- Download the file from the popup window that D2L generates.
- Copy the “Mark (out of X)” column from the Akindi CSV file starting with the first student’s grade.
- This column represents the final point value grade for each student on this assignment. The rest of the information in the file can be disregarded for this process.
- Paste this information into the corresponding blanks in the “------- Points Grade” column in the D2L CSV file.
- Best practice is to compare student names from the Akindi file with the D2L file to ensure that the right grades are getting to the right students.
- Save the file.
- In D2L, go to Grades > Import.
- Select Browse.
- Select the File.
- Continue through the prompts to complete the Import.