Printing - Printers Appearing Offline on PC Computer - Stopping and Starting the Print Spooler
How to stop and start the print spooler when your printers are appearing offline on your UWL PC computer.
- Directions are for a UWL-owned PC computer using Windows 10.
- Please try restarting your computer before proceeding with stopping and starting the Print Spooler.
- Please ensure that you are connected to the UWL-Eagle WiFi or Internet in general.
1. Locate your computer's search bar. This is located at the bottom left of the screen and is located right next to the Start Menu.
2. Type in services in the search bar and then click on Services (Desktop app) to open up the application.
3. Scroll down to Print Spooler.
4. Right click on Print Spooler and then click on Stop.
5. Right click on Print Spooler again and then click on Start.
*Note: You can also select Restart in order to restart the Print Spooler instead of stopping and starting the Print Spooler.
6. Close out the Services menu and then try to re-print your document(s). However, you may need to restart the program and/or the computer that you were trying to print from in order for your printers to appear online again.