Traveling with Technology Overseas - UWL Faculty/Staff
When traveling overseas with your computer, here are some helpful tips to ensure a safe and technology-effective trip.
1. Double check your password has been updated and it will not expire while out of the country. Remember passwords expire every 180 days.
- UWL Macs: Please use Enterprise Connect that is pre-loaded on your UWL Mac to change or update your password.
- Information about Enterprise Connect: https://kb.uwlax.edu/internal/85618.
2. Be extra responsible and careful of your UWL laptop and/or device(s) to prevent theft.
3. Apply any pending software updates to your UWL laptop and/or devices(s) before leaving the U.S.
- Contact the Eagle Help Desk or your department's dedicated ITS Support Consultant for further assistance and/or questions about your software updates.
4. Make sure you will have access to a Duo device and it is working properly before leaving the country. A Duo fob is the best alternative if you do not have access to a mobile phone.
5. Connect to the UWL VPN (Virtual Private Network) called Cisco AnyConnect when using your UWL laptop out of the country.
- Information about the VPN: https://www.uwlax.edu/its/network-telecom/vpn-virtual-private-network/
- Faculty/Staff with VPN already downloaded: https://kb.uwlax.edu/internal/61168
- If using a personal device, then you can download the VPN. Information about that can be found here: https://kb.uwlax.edu/internal/page.php?id=93359