Blackboard Collaborate Original - Retirement
The Blackboard Collaborate Original (Java-based) webconference product will be retired by the vendor on December 31, 2020. No new Blackboard Collaborate Original meetings will be possible after that date. Blackboard Collaborate Ultra (WebRTC-based) will continue to be available.
Most University of Wisconsin users are already using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra, and the retirement of the Original platform will not impact them.
The link to Blackboard Collaborate Original from the my.wisconsin.edu
portal will be removed in May 2020. After this, users will continue to be able to access Collaborate Original via this direct link until December 2020
. We strongly encourage Collaborate Original users to move meetings to Blackboard Collaborate Ultra prior that date.
The recording server which hosts existing Blackboard Collaborate Original recordings will be retired by the vendor in June 2021. After that, existing Collaborate Original recordings will no longer be available. Users who wish to keep recordings made in Blackboard Collaborate Original should contact their campus Blackboard Collaborate or Canvas administrator for instructions on how to download copies. You will need to have:
1) the title of the Collaborate Original session
2) the date of the recording
3) [if possible] whether the webconference was created:
- through D2L (and which campus's D2L instance)
- through the My Wisconsin Portal
- manually by a Blackboard Collaborate administrator
- as a WisLine Web event through Instructional Communications Systems
For more information on the retirement of Blackboard Collaborate Original, see: