Duo - Reactivate Duo Mobile on your Smartphone
How to reactive your Duo Mobile app on your smartphone by using the Duo Device Management Portal.
New Phone or Same Phone with an Unchanged Phone Number
*Note: Re-adding your phone as a Duo device will work too. Refer to KB article Duo - Adding a Device.
1. Go to the password reset page at https://www.uwlax.edu/info/password-reset/ and select Duo Device.
2. Proceed through the I'm not a robot" page by doing what is prompted and click Next.
3. Enter in your NetID and current password. Then click Submit.
4. Select Manage my devices.
5. Click on Enter a Passcode .
6. Click on Text me new codes in the blue box.
7. Enter in the code that was sent to your phone via text message and click Log In.
*Note: If you have another Duo device that you are able to use to log into the Duo Device Management Portal, like a Duo fob, iPad or tablet, etc., then you can use that option instead to log in.
8. Select Device Options next to your phone number that you are trying to reactivate.
9. Select Reactivate Duo Mobile.
10. Verify Ownership of your mobile phone number by clicking on Text me.
11. Enter in the code that was texted to your phone into the box. Then click Verify and click Continue.
12. Select the type of phone you have and click Continue.
13. Download Duo Mobile app from your phone's app store and click on I have Duo Mobile installed.
14a. If you are reactivating your phone from a computer, then follow the steps to activate Duo Mobile with the barcode to complete your Duo Mobile reactivation. Or, you can select Email me an activation link instead if you are unable to scan the barcode.
14b. If you are reactivating your phone right from your phone, then select Take me to Duo Mobile instead and then click Take me to Duo Mobile to complete the reactivation. Or, you can also select Email me an activation link instead as the other option.
New Phone with a New Phone Number
- Enrolling a new phone with a new phone number is the same process as adding any other Duo device. Please refer to the KB article Duo - Adding a Device to set up your new phone with a new phone number.
- However, you may need to send yourself a one-time code to your text-enabled phone or non-university email that is on file with UWL in order to log into the Duo Device Management Portal. Information on how to send yourself a one-time bypass code can be found in the KB article Duo - One-Time Passcode or Bypass Code.
- *Note: Students can update or change their text-enabled phone and/or non-university email with Records and Registration while Faculty/Staff can update that same information with Human Resources.