CATL- How to problem-solve online?
Here are some ideas for how to do problem-solving for online courses.
For those in disciplines that are heavily focused on problem-solving, it is useful to have options available. Below we have outlined a few options that colleagues have used, and some other options depending on what resources you have available to you at home.
For any of these options, you can use Kaltura or MediaSite to record, either on your screen or through a camera. Kaltura and MediaSite also store your recordings and allow you to share with students through Canvas.
- Write on a physical whiteboard and record your writing with your cell phone or a web cam
- Open a pdf with the problem on it in the Books app on an iPad. You can then mark up there while doing a screen recording.
- In PowerPoint, use presentation mode to write on a slide.
- Launch Collaborate ultra (has its own recording option as well). Collaborate Ultra has a whiteboard feature so you can write with a stylus on a tablet or with your cursor on a computer.
- FREE Whiteboard apps:
- Stylus Labs Write
- Doceri (can upload slides here, as well as record your voice)
- https://whiteboard.explaineverything.com/ (This is an all-in-one option that allows you to import slides or images, write on them, as well as record.)