Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Canvas - How do I submit a video to an assignment?
In Canvas, you can link videos from external tools, add an URL link, embed the video, or upload a media file to an assignment (based on how your instructor has set up to submit). These instructions can also be used for adding a video to pages or any other place with the Rich Content Editor.
To submit, select the assignment. Click the submit assignment box, if the instructor has allowed text entry, click on it and this will open the Rich Content Editor.
To submit using the Rich Content Editor to link videos
- Add URL video link
- Click on the Link icon or the Insert tab and navigate to Link.
- Paste the URL in the text box.
- Click the insert link button.
- Link videos from the resources available in Canvas (resources include: YouTube, Vimeo, TEDEd, My Media (your content), and Films on Demand).
- Select the plugin (apps) icon.
- After you select the resource you want to add the video from, you will enter your search criteria.
- When you find a video you would like to use, click on the Embed button next to it.