Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Canvas - How do I link a video in a discussion reply?
When responding to a discussion in Canvas, you can link videos from external tools, add an URL link, or embed the video right into your reply. These instructions can also be used for adding a video to pages, assignments, etc.
To begin your reply, in Course Navigation, select Discussions. Click the discussion title and click the reply box. This will open the Rich Content Editor and the reply box.
Add URL video link
- Click on the Link to URL icon
- Paste the URL in the text box
- Click the insert link button.
- Select the V (more external tools) icon.
- After you select the resource you want to add the video from you will enter your search criteria.
- When you find a video you would like to use, click on the Embed button next to it.
Once you are done compiling your post, Post Reply.