Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Canvas - How do students enable Respondus LockDown Browser for quizzes?
Instructors have a link in Canvas to set up the Respondus LockDown Browser for quizzes. Students do not see this and need to download the browser by navigating to the quiz it's associated with and downloading. This only needs to be done once.
Enable Respondus LockDown Browser
- Log into Canvas and navigate to the quiz you will need to use this for (it will say in the name Requires Respondus LockDown Browser)
- Select Take the Quiz
- You will be directed to Download Respondus LockDown Browser from the link provided.
- This will take you to the download page, which should default to your device. If not you can switch between Windows and Mac in the left column.
- Then select Install Now.
- Complete the process of downloading the browser.
- Once finished, you will navigate to your desktop to find Respondus LockDown Browser and take the quiz.
Respondus Student Resources: https://web.respondus.com/student-help/
Canvas Quickstart Guides: https://web.respondus.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/RLDB-QuickStartGuide-Instructure-Student.pdf