Web editing - How do I add a new page, activate a page in the page menu or re-arrange the page menu?
How to get a new page added to your UWL page menu
In effort to minimize potential accidents and site damage, page creation and delete features have been disabled for web editors. You'll need to work with the Web Services team to get a page added in your menu.
- What should your new page be called?
- Let us know where your new page needs to go (ex. "please add a page to the University Communications website (https://www.uwlax.edu/ucomm/)
- Let us know where in the menu the page should be placed (ex. Place in menu between the Our people page and the Services page)
- Send multiple page creation requests together. It's much easier for us to make our way through a list of changes vs. having to go back and forth between a number of individual requests.
- Tell us if the page should be visible in the menu immediately or if it should remain hidden until ready to be publicly viewable
- If you want your page hidden right away, know that when you're ready to activate it you can click the Options button in the upper right of the workarea and then check the Display in navigation checkbox. Once checked, the system will prompt you to publish.