Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Canvas - How do I utilize pages in my course?
Using Pages to present information to students is a great way to help keep your Home page organized and decluttered. When editing a page using the Rich Content Editor, you can link directly to course content such as assignments, quizzes, and discussions, and course files. You can also add hyperlinks or add images and other media from the files section or upload them from your computer.
See the Knowledge Base article on the Rich Content Editor for more tips on using the Rich Content Editor in various places throughout your course.
Creating and editing pages
- Canvas guide: How do I create a new page in a course?
- Canvas guide: How do I edit a page in a course?
- Canvas guide: How do I duplicate a page in a course?
Adding content to pages
- Canvas guide: How do I insert links to other course content (Announcements, Assignments, Pages, etc.) into Pages?
- Canvas guide: How do I create a file link in a page in a course?
- Canvas guide: How do I embed a video in a page in a course?
- KB: How do I embed a Kaltura (My Media) video?
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure that your Pages are published when you are ready for students to be able to view them.
- Have several files you want to share with students? Instead of linking numerous files directly to Home/Modules, consider placing similar type files as links within a Page and only linking the Page to Home/Modules. Utilizing Pages in this way can help declutter Home/Modules and make items easier for students to find.
- It is possible to view the history of the edits made to a page.