Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Collaborate Ultra - How to use as a student.
Your instructor may ask you to participate in Collaborate Ultra live session or may be using Collaborate Ultra for office hours.
Join a session:
- If your instructor has not provided a separate link to join, navigate to the course in Canvas.
- Find Collaborate Ultra in the left side navigation. Click on it.
- Find the session you need to join (either the course room or a session in the list).
- Click on it and you have two options.
- If you have reliable internet, you can click join session.
- Or if you know that your internet may not be very reliable, you can dial in. You will be provided a phone number to call and a PIN number.
Once you are in the session, participate:
- You can use the person icon on the bottom to raise your hand.
- Use the feedback feature.
- If your instructor has your audio enabled, you can turn your microphone on and speak.
- If you instructor has chat enabled, you can send a message.
- Your instructor may share a whiteboard or document on the screen and enable for you to mark on.
- Your instructor may use polls during the session.
- You may also be broken out into groups for small discussion.