Zoom - How do I sign in?
Information about how to sign into your UW System Zoom account via the web or with the Zoom client/desktop application.
- You do not need a Zoom account in order to join or participate in a Zoom meeting.
- All UWL faculty/staff and students have a Zoom account provided by the UW System.
Signing into Zoom from the Web
1. Go to https://wisconsin-edu.zoom.us/ which is the official UW System Zoom login page.
2. Select what you want to do when it comes to Zoom (Join, Host, Sign In) and then you will be able to sign in using your UWL email address and current password:
If needing to Join a Zoom meeting, then select Join with or without signing into your Zoom account provided by UW System. However, if you do need to sign in after selecting Join, then select Sign In to proceed with logging into your Zoom account by using your UWL email address and current password.
- If you have not signed in before or are using a new web browser, then you may have to select your organization first, which is UW-La Crosse, before proceeding with logging in with your UWL email address and current password.
- Also, if you have not signed into ADFS to access WINGS, Canvas, or Office 365, then you may be asked to authenticate with Duo too.
Host or Sign In
If you have selected Host or Sign In, then you will need to sign in using your UWL email address and current password along with authenticating with Duo in order to proceed. You will also need to select your organization as UW-La Crosse if you have not signed in before or are using a new web browser.
The Sign In option will bring you to your Zoom account settings through the web after logging in. This is where you can also schedule meetings and adjust your Zoom account settings as needed.
Meanwhile, the Host option will ask you to launch Zoom and then it will open up your personal Zoom room to start your meeting.
Signing into the Zoom Client or Desktop App
1. Open the Zoom application on your computer.
- *Note: If you have not downloaded the Zoom client yet, then you can download it from the Zoom Download Center.
2. Select Sign In.
- *Note: You can always join a meeting without signing in by selecting Join a Meeting instead.
3. Select Sign in with SSO [Single Sign On]
4. Type in the company domain name: wisconsin-edu [note the dash] and select Continue.
5. To complete the login and to launch the Zoom client software, click on Open zoom.us. Additionally, you can click the box to Always allow wisconsin-edu.zoom.us to open links of this type in the associated app. To immediately connect via Zoom web access, you can click Launch Zoom. You may have more features with the client software.
6. Once the Zoom client has opened, you will see this screen with the options New Meeting, Join, Schedule, and Share Screen. You are now ready to Zoom.
Need more help with Zoom?
- Check out the Zoom Support website at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us.
- For more information on using Zoom, contact the Eagle Help Desk at 608-785-8774, email@example.com, submit a ticket, or chat which is available on the Eagle Help Desk web page.