Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Canvas - How do I view course content offline?
Here are a couple of options students can use to view content offline, if they would need to access someplace with poor internet connection. There are a couple of different things that need to be done to set this up for them.
Download course to view offline
This allows students to view content from modules, but not interact or view submissions.
- Instructor set up: How do I allow course content to be exported as an offline HTML file?
- Student: How do I view course content offline as an HTML file as a student?
Download Kaltura videos
If you allow students to download videos in a place with better internet connection, then they can view at a different location/date/time.
- Instructor set up: When embedding videos into content, use the advanced options to allow video download.
- Student: Locate the video you want to download and click on the box icon with the down arrow.
Download recorded Zoom sessions
- Instructor set up: If you want to provide recorded sessions, check out this KB on Zoom recording. Make sure you allow viewers to download recording.
- Student: The instructor will provide a link to access the recordings to download.
Download recorded MS Teams sessions
- Instructor set up: Follow these Microsoft instructions for recording a meeting in Teams. Add the recording to OneDrive or SharePoint to allow students to download or download the Microsoft Stream to attach for students to download.
- Student: Your instructor will provide you with a link to Onedrive or Sharepoint to view and download or will provide the video file to download.