Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Canvas - How do I create a Zoom room for a group presentation and submit it to Canvas?
This KB goes over how to create a Zoom meeting to record a live group presentation and then submit in Canvas. This is for student groups who need to give the presentation at the same time but in different locations/spaces.
You will create and share a Zoom meeting invitation in the Canvas discussion board; your attendees will find the meeting invitation in the discussion board during your defined session time.
Step 1: Create your Zoom meeting link.
- Go to wisconsin-edu.zoom.us
- Select the last option, Sign in (use your UWL email and password; DUO)
- In the top right corner select SCHEDULE A MEETING, complete the following settings:
- Fill in the Topic with your Presentation name and group members names.
- Select When your group will get together to record the presentation (day and time)
- Complete the Duration. Schedule more time than you will need.
- Make sure the Time Zone is set to Central Time
- Do not check recurring meeting, or registration requirement
- Meeting ID should be Generated Automatically
- Optional to check/uncheck:
- Passcode: need to be shared with your group members.
- Waiting room: would require you to allow entrance for other group members.
- Authentication: requires the members to sign in with their UWL email/password.
- Host and Participant video options should be turned on
- Audio should have Both selected
- Meeting options
- Optional to check/uncheck: Allow participants to join anytime, Mute participants upon entry, Automatically record meeting
- Alternate hosts: you can add group members here as well so anyone can start the recordings.
- Copy the "Invite Link" - you will need to share that with your group members.
Step 2: Record your presentation.
- If you have not set up the meeting to automatically record, the host can select the Record button. Recommended to Record to the cloud.
Step 3: Submit to an assignment or discussion.
- Cloud recording.
- Once you are done recording and close the session you will be emailed when your cloud recording is done. You can end the Zoom meeting between recordings to review.
- Depending on the size of the recording and the amount of users at that time recording/uploading it may take some time to process.
- Locate your Cloud Recording.
- You can either use the links from the notification email to post (Do not use the link that can only be used by the host).
- Log into uwlax-edu.zoom.us. Locate recordings in the left navigation. Find and verify the recording you want and select Share/Copy shareable link.
- Go to the assignment or discussion you need to submit to.
- Assignment: Text entry > Insert > Link > External Link paste URL OR Website URL > paste URL. *Make sure to include passcode if that is set up.
- Discussion: Insert > Link > External Link paste URL *Make sure to include passcode if that is set up.
- If you saved your audio/video file to your computer you will want to upload it using Kaltura My Media to avoid using up your Canvas File storage.
- In the assignment (text entry) or discussion Rich Content Editor select Tools>Apps> My Media.
- Add New (button upper right) > Media Upload > Agree to terms > Find the media you want to add as saved on your computer > Open > Save and Embed