Password Requirements for UWL Accounts
The requirements for successfully creating or changing UWL account passwords.
*Note: The "Your passwords match!" message towards the end of the password reset process in which you try to submit your new password does not necessarily mean that your password will meet the university requirements for complexity or history, so you will have to try again if it errors out afterwards.
Passwords must meet the following requirements:
- Passwords must be at least 14 characters long
- Must contain 3 of the 4 following requirements:
- Upper case letters
- Lower case letters
- Special characters(#, @, %, etc.)
- Can NOT contain first name, last name or NetID
- Can NOT be incremented to the next number i.e. EaglesRule!21 cannot be changed to EaglesRule!22
- Passwords cannot be re-used