Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Kaltura (My Media) - Locating in Canvas and Outside of Canvas
Navigate to My Media (Kaltura) in Canvas
There are three ways to navigate to My Media (Kaltura) in Canvas. The first time you click My Media (Kaltura) through any of these options, you will be asked to authorize it.
Here is a short video (less than 3 min.) that walks through the steps above.
- Log in at the top right by selecting Guest > My Media.
- Once you have completed the login process, you can work with your list of already uploaded videos or +Add New to create and upload media.
- Caption your videos fairly quickly.
- Stored videos in My Media do not count against your Canvas course storage quota. Storage is unlimited.
- Add a co-editor or co-publisher to share video with colleagues.
- Create an interactive-video quiz.
- Check out if your students are viewing your videos or how long they are watching using Kaltura Analytics.
- Keep your videos short. If you start recording and have issues or errors, you might have to redo the whole thing.
- Keeping your videos short will also mean a quicker upload.
- Locating Kaltura Capture video files on your computer. Make sure to put your netID in the <username> section of the location.
- General tips for errors: restart your computer, clear your browser cache, re-download Kaltura Capture from Canvas.