Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Canvas - How do I view course content offline?
Here are a couple of options students can use to view content offline, if they would need to access someplace with poor internet connection. There are a couple of different things that need to be done to set this up for them.
Download course to view offline
This allows students to view content from modules, but not interact or view submissions.
- Instructor set up: How do I allow course content to be exported as an offline HTML file?
- Student: How do I view course content offline as an HTML file as a student?
Download Kaltura videos
If you allow students to download videos in a place with better internet connection, then they can view at a different location/date/time.
- Instructor set up: When embedding videos into content, use the advanced options to allow video download.
- Student: Locate the video you want to download and click on the box icon with the down arrow.
Download recorded Collaborate Ultra sessions
- Instructor set up: When you are setting up your course session check the box to allow recording downloads. Then make sure to click record during your session!
- Student: Access Collaborate Ultra course recordings and download.