Navigate: Case Management
How to manage a case assigned to you through Navigate.
When progress reports (Navigate: PRO@UWL Early Alerts) and alerts (Navigate: Issuing an adhoc alert) are entered into Navigate by faculty or staff, there is a workflow that is prompted depending on the alert issued (Navigate: Overview of Alerts and Progress Reports).
If you have been assigned a case in Navigate, you will receive an email letting you know that the case is assigned. You will then need to log into Navigate (Navigate: Accessing the Navigate Platform) to access that case.
1) Access cases assigned to you by clicking the Cases icon on the left toolbar.
2) By default, all currently open cases that have been assigned to you will appear on your cases menu.
3) The top of this page will allow you to filter out the list of cases that appear in your menu. You can see only open, or only closed cases, look for certain types of cases, etc. For most users, you will only be able to see cases that have been assigned to you.
4) To view more information about the student, you can click their name to view their Student profile (Navigate: Student Profile). You may want to right click, and open in a new tab to save yourself some time.
5) To see more information about the case, click "Manage Case."
6) A window will appear with the case details. You will be able to see the activity of other staff on the case.
7) Record any outreach to the student as appropriate by selecting "Add Comment".
Include when you reached out to the student, and/or when the student had a meeting with you. Appointment Summary Reports (Navigate: Creating appointment summary reports) should still be completed for details of that meeting.
8) After you have successfully connected with the student, or after two attempts to reach them, you can close the case. Click "Close Case".
9) The case management window will change. Select an "outcome" from the drop-down menu, and leave relevant comments. Comments posted in a case should follow the same guidelines as appointment summary reports (Navigate: Writing notes in an appointment summary reports).
10) Click Submit