Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Canvas - Accessing Canvas for Students
How to access or log into Canvas as a student with a web browser and/or with the smartphone application.
Canvas Login (Web Browser):
*Note: Google Chrome is the recommended web browser when using Canvas.
1. Go to https://www.uwlax.edu/ and click on Canvas found on the upper right side of the page or go directly to https://www.uwlax.edu/canvas/.
2. Enter in your full UWL email address (including the @uwlax.edu) and your password. Then click Sign in.
3. Authenticate with your Duo device.
4. Now you should be signed into Canvas and you should be able to see your Dashboard.
Mobile App (Canvas Student):
1. Download the Canvas Student app from the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
2. Open up the Canvas Student app and tap on Find my school.
3. Search for University of Wisconsin - La Crosse.
4. Enter in your full UWL email (including the @ulax.edu) and your password. Then tap Sign in.
5. Authenticate with your Duo Device.
6. Now you should be signed into Canvas and the Dashboard should show up.
Need more help?:
- Please contact Canvas Support if you have any questions or issues regarding Canvas in general. There are multiple ways of contacting Canvas Support where you can use the Help tab found on the bottom right via the web browser version of Canvas.
- Phone number: 1 (833) 826-8719
- More Canvas Information: https://www.uwlax.edu/info/canvas/
- Please contact the Eagle Help Desk if you are having trouble logging in or accessing Canvas.
- Phone number: (608) 785-8774
- Email: email@example.com