Canvas - Accessing Canvas for Students
How to access or log into Canvas as a student with a web browser and/or with the smartphone application.
Canvas Login (Web Browser):
1. Go to https://www.uwlax.edu/ and click on Canvas/D2L found on the upper right side of the page.
Or click on Current Students found on the upper right side of the page and then click on Canvas/D2L under Quicklinks.
2. Click on the link or go directly to https://www.uwlax.edu/canvas/.
3. Enter in your full UWL email address (including the @uwlax.edu) and your password. Then click Sign in.
4. Now you should be signed into Canvas and you should be able to see your Dashboard.
Mobile App (Canvas Student):
1. Download the Canvas Student app from the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
2. Open up the Canvas Student app and tap on Find my school.
3. Type in "uwl" and select University of Wisconsin - La Crosse.
4. Enter in your full UWL email (including the @ulax.edu) and your password. Then tap Sign in.
5. Now you should be signed into Canvas and the Dashboard should show up.
Need more help?:
- Please contact Canvas Support if you have any questions or issues regarding Canvas in general. There are multiple ways of contacting Canvas Support where you can use the Help tab found on the bottom right via the web browser version of Canvas.
- Phone number: 1 (833) 826-8719
- Please contact the Eagle Help Desk if you are having trouble logging in or accessing Canvas.
- Phone number: (608) 785-8774
- Email: email@example.com