Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Canvas - How do I view my courses?
Courses can be accessed in the Global Navigation Menu through the Dashboard or Courses.
You can organize your Dashboard to only contain courses you wish to access frequently (called favorites). Other courses can still be assessed by clicking on the All Courses link within Courses.
- WINGS courses begin loading into Canvas about 60 days before the start of the term.
- A newly created/enrolled WINGS course can take up to 24-48 hrs to appear in Canvas.
Before WINGS semester courses are available, instructors can start developing course content by creating a Sandbox Course.
- These are used to set up course content before WINGS courses are in Canvas or to try out different Canvas features.
- Once semester courses are loaded, instructors can import content directly from a sandbox course.
- If the instructor is new to UWL, they may need to log into Canvas first to activate their account and then can be added to a course.
- If the WINGS courses are not in Canvas yet, please contact email@example.com for assistance with setting up a sandbox course for new UWL instructors.
Resources for instructors
- Canvas guide: How do I view all my Canvas courses as an instructor?
Resources for students
- Canvas guide: How do I view all my Canvas courses as a student?
- Canvas guide:Why can't I access my courses as a student?