Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Canvas - How do I create a course syllabus?
The Syllabus in Canvas makes it easy to communicate to your students exactly what will be required of them throughout the course in chronological order.
The Syllabus will automatically include Assignments and Events within a course. Instructors can use the Rich Content Editor to add any additional details about the course. For example, all information in the provided UWL syllabus templates can be added with the Syllabus area using the Rich Content Editor.
- Canvas Article: How do I use the Syllabus as an instructor?
- Canvas Article: How do I edit the Syllabus description in a course?
Tips and Tricks
- We do not currently have the option to set the Syllabus as our Home page as the Home page is fixed as Modules.
- The sidebar section of the Syllabus displays information about course events and grading. The assignment group information can be edited in the Assignments feature while the Calendar information can be edited in both the Assignments and Calendar features. Any changes made will be reflected in the Syllabus.
- If your course includes weighted assignment groups, the sidebar also shows the percentages of each group.