Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Canvas - How do students use Kaltura (My Media)?
Kaltura Capture can be used to create video and screencasts in and out of Canvas.
Once in Canvas, a pre-recorded or impromptu video can be added from Kaltura to various area in Canvas.
- Click Account in the global navigation on the left.
- Select My Media.
- If this is your first time using Kaltura within Canvas, you will need to click Authorize.
- Click Add New on the top right.
- If you have the video already created you can add it here by selecting Media Upload, or you can record with your webcam (Webcam Recording).
- If you want to record content from your screen while talking, Choose Kaltura Capture.
UW-Eau Claire has some great steps for using Kaltura Capture here: https://www.uwec.edu/kb/article/kaltura-record-with-kalturacapture/
Submitting to a discussion or assignment
When you want to add this content to a discussion reply or submit to an assignment, use these directions to add a link or embed a video from Kaltura to Canvas: https://kb.uwlax.edu/98541.