Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Here are some troubleshooting tips for Kaltura (My Media).
Kaltura Capture recording issues
Failed to record
- Restart your computer (if you haven't done this in awhile)
- Try re-downloading\updating Kaltura Capture (directions)-there may be a bug that this will fix
- If you receive a failed to record error along with an error that says something about storage- check that you have enough storage space on your computer.
- Check your volume. Check that your camera isn't covered.
- Check the audio and video in My Settings during a session if you need to test again or change your audio/video source.
- Make sure your browser is up-to-date and that it has permission to access your camera and microphone.
- Make sure the settings are allowed on your computer:
- For Windows
- Camera Help (Changing settings, switching cameras, and webcam help)
- Fixing Sound Problems (Troubleshooting, drivers)
- Adjusting Audio for Different Applications
- Microphone Not Working (Windows 10)
- Checking privacy settings for Windows (includes camera and microphone)
- For Mac
Sharing Content (seeing content) issues
- You and/or users can't see content you are sharing. Stop sharing and try again.
- Make sure you are clicking on the correct screen/application/tab to share.
Kaltura Capture upload issues
Uploading times at the beginning of the semester tend to be slower due to a lot of users.
Kaltura (My Media) API Access issue
- Refresh page
- Clear your browser cache and cookies
- Try a different browser (Chrome is recommended)
If you are unable to resolve your issues with the above, send us a message with the video ID, and screenshots if possible. We may have to submit a ticket on your behalf to Kaltura Support.