Account Locked - How to Unlock Your Account
How to unlock your account using the password reset page.
Are you having trouble logging into your account because your account is locked? Here is how you can unlock your account using the password reset page option called "Account Locked."
- If you are locked out of your Duo account due to the error message: "Your account has been locked out due to excessive authentication failures. Please contact your administrator." (see image below), then you will have to contact the Eagle Help Desk in order to be verified and to get your Duo account manually unlocked.
- This "Account Locked" feature on the password reset page DOES NOT unlock a soft lockout on your account.
Account Locked Step-by-Step Instructions:
1. Go to https://www.uwlax.edu/info/password-reset/ and click on Account Locked.
2. Check the "I'm not a robot" box, select the images if prompted, type in yes and then click Next.
3. Enter in your NetID and password and check the box with the message: "Check the box and log in to unlock your account." Then click Submit.
4. Your account has been successfully unlocked if you see the page with the message: "Your account has been unlocked."
5. If you are still unable to log into your account after this unlock process, then you may need to recover your password with the "Expired or Forgotten" option found on the password reset page under "Password Management" because recovering your password will also clear a generic lockout.
6. Need even more assistance? Then contact the Eagle Help Desk.