Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Canvas - How do I confirm or adjust my notifications?
Canvas includes a set of default notification preferences you can receive for your courses. You can change the default notifications by setting your own notification preferences.
Notifications are sent as one of four delivery types: notify me right away, daily summary, weekly summary, or don't send. If you change a notification setting, the change is made immediately to your account. Canvas supports notification through email, SMS text message, Skype, and Twitter. Additional contact methods can be added by adjusting your account settings.
Notification Settings Video Overview
Resources for Instructors
- Canvas guide: How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as an instructor?
- Canvas guide: How do I manage notifications for a single course as an instructor?
- Canvas guide: How do I add contact methods to receive Canvas notifications as an instructor?
Resources for Students
- Canvas guide: How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as a student?
- Canvas guide: How do I manage notifications for a single course as student?
- Canvas guide: How do I add contact methods to receive Canvas notifications as a student?
Tips and Tricks
- Twitter and SMS notification preferences do not support daily summary or weekly summary options.
24/7/365 Canvas Support is available through the help icon in Canvas, by calling the phone support for faculty, staff and students or email us directly at email@example.com.