Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Canvas - How do I set up my profile?
In your profile you can edit your profile picture, your biography, your personal pronouns, and any personal links for your account. Your profile information can be viewed by all users in your courses.
- Canvas guide: How do I edit my profile in my user account as an instructor?
- Canvas guide: How do I add a profile picture in my user account as an instructor?
- Canvas guide: How do I select personal pronouns in my user account as an instructor?
Tips and Tricks
- Your photo is seen in multiple places within Canvas.
- You cannot edit your name in your profile in Canvas as it will be pushed from your WINGS account. You will need to update your preferred name in WINGS.
- The only way students see your Biography is if they click your profile photo in an announcement or discussion. You may want to make a page in each of your courses instead.
24/7/365 Canvas Support is available through the help icon in Canvas, by calling the phone support for faculty, staff and students or email us directly at email@example.com.