Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Canvas - How do I use Hypothesis?
UWL is now piloting with Hypothesis, a social annotation tool installed directly in your Canvas instance. Adding Hypothesis to readings in Canvas supports student success by placing active discussion right on top of course readings, enabling students and teachers to add comments and start conversations in the margins of texts.
Instructors get started:
- How to set up Hypothesis readings through Canvas Modules
- How to set up Hypothesis readings through Canvas Assignments
- How to grade Hypothesis annotations in Canvas
Students get started:
General Hypothesis resources for instructors and students:
- Annotation etiquette for students
- An Illustrated Guide to Annotation Types
- Using images, links, and videos in annotations
- Introductory slide deck – using Hypothesis for teaching and learning