Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Canvas - How do I use Hypothesis?
UWL has a subscription to Hypothesis, a social annotation tool installed directly in your Canvas instance. Adding Hypothesis to readings in Canvas supports student success by placing active discussion right on top of course readings, enabling students and teachers to add comments and start conversations in the margins of texts.
Instructors get started:
- Hypothesis Guide: How to set up Hypothesis readings through Canvas Modules
- Hypothesis Guide: How to set up Hypothesis readings through Canvas Assignments
- Hypothesis Guide: How to grade Hypothesis annotations in Canvas
Students get started:
- Hypothesis Guide: A student guide to Hypothesis in Canvas
General Hypothesis resources for instructors and students:
- Hypothesis Guide: Annotation etiquette for students
- Hypothesis Guide: An Illustrated Guide to Annotation Types
- Hypothesis Guide: Using images, links, and videos in annotations
- Hypothesis slide deck: Introductory slide deck – using Hypothesis for teaching and learning
The Hypothesis Success Team is happy to answer your questions. You can schedule a meeting here.