Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Canvas - How do I confirm or adjust my notifications?
Canvas includes a set of default notification preferences you can receive for your courses. You can change the default notifications by setting your own notification preferences.
Notifications are sent as one of four delivery types: notify me right away, daily summary, weekly summary, or don't send. If you change a notification setting, the change is made immediately to your account. Canvas supports notification through email, SMS text message, and Twitter. Additional contact methods can be added by adjusting your account settings.
Resources for Instructors
- Canvas Article: How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as an instructor?
- Canvas Article: How do I manage notifications for a single course as an instructor?
- Canvas Article: How do I add contact methods to receive Canvas notifications as an instructor?
Resources for Students
- Canvas Article: How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as a student?
- Canvas Article: How do I manage notifications for a single course as student?
- Canvas Article: How do I add contact methods to receive Canvas notifications as a student?
Tips and Tricks
- Twitter and SMS notification preferences do not support daily summary or weekly summary options.
- If you have enabled push notifications in the Canvas app, push notifications can only be sent to your mobile device right away or not at all. Daily and weekly notification options are not supported.