Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Canvas - How do I confirm or adjust my notifications?
Canvas includes a set of default notification preferences you can receive for your courses. You can change the default notifications by setting your own notification preferences.
Notifications are sent as one of four delivery types: notify me right away, daily summary, weekly summary, or don't send. If you change a notification setting, the change is made immediately to your account. Canvas supports notification through email, SMS text message, and Twitter. Additional contact methods can be added by adjusting your account settings.
Tips and Tricks
- Notification settings apply to all your courses; you cannot change settings for individual courses.
- Twitter and SMS notification preferences do not support daily summary or weekly summary options.
- The following are notifications that you should consider leaving on so that you have them easily available:
- Submission Comment - Be notified when someone responds to comments you leave on a grade item
- Added to Conversation - Be notified when someone adds you to an Inbox conversation
- Conversation Message - Be notified when there is a new message for you in your Canvas Inbox
- Conversation Created by Me - Be notified when you create a conversation in the Inbox
- If you have enabled push notifications in the Canvas Teacher app, push notifications can only be sent to your mobile device right away or not at all. Daily and weekly notification options are not supported.