Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Canvas - How do I create an announcement?
As an instructor, you can make announcements for your class to inform them of changes, give access to information, or check in with students. The three most recent announcements appear on the course Home page by default.
Announcements Video Overview
- Canvas guide: How do I add an announcement in a course?
- Canvas guide: How do I attach a file to an announcement in a course?
- Canvas guide: How do I delay posting an announcement until a specific date in a course?
- Canvas guide: How do I edit an announcement in a course?
- Canvas guide: How do I delete an announcement in a course?
Tips and Tricks
- Students are notified of new announcements via their preferred notification form, which they set up in their personal Canvas settings. This means that most students will receive a notification as soon as you post an announcement.
- You can choose to allow students to reply or like announcements you post in your course.
- In your notification preferences [link to KB on notifications], you can choose to receive notifications for announcements created by you as well as replies to announcements you've created.