Navigate: Creating a campaign
How to create an appointment campaign to reach out to students in Navigate.
Appointment Campaigns are an important feature that allows staff members to reach out to specific populations of students to encourage them to schedule appointments.
1) To start, click the Appointment Campaigns Link from your Staff Home Screen. Then, select appointment Campaign under Actions on the next screen.
The Define your Campaign window will open.
2) Select the campaign name.
Campaign Name is visible to the person creating the campaign and any other users who have access to view campaigns, but not visible to the student. Please use the following format for naming your campaigns; Your Name Current Semester Purpose.
- Jamie Schweiger Spring 2021 Fall 2021 Advising (Students with 30+ credits)
- Mic Nauman Fall 2021 Students on Academic Probation
3) Select your Care Unit
4) Choose your location
This will be either your department's office or "My Faculty's Office"
5) Which services would you like to meet with students about during this campaign? The available options will be predetermined by your role in Navigate.
6) Choose the range of dates you would like the appointments in this campaign to occur.
7) Select how many appointments an individual student should be allowed to make during the campaign.
8) Select the length of each appointment scheduled during the campaign, the increments are pre-set.
9) Select if you would like 1 or more students to be able to schedule during each individual time slot. You can also allow students to schedule over their classes.
10) Select continue
11) Add Students to your Campaign
You can choose to add your assigned advisees, or use the Advanced Search function to narrow your student list.
TIP: When using advanced search, make sure to always choose the current term under Enrollment History to search for only currently enrolled students.
12) Review the students in your campaign.
You can then add more students, remove certain students, or Click Continue.
13) Add organizers to your campaign. This is most likely, yourself, but could also be other advisors in your department.
14) Compose your Message
This is the email that the students will receive requesting that they schedule an appointment. There will be pre-populated text in the message, but you are able to change the messaging including the subject line of the email.
You have the option to use Merge Tags which will pull in the student's name and/or schedule into your messaging. You can also include attachments.
At the bottom of this page, you can preview your message.
When a student clicks the link in the email, they will be brought to a landing page in Navigate. You can include special instructions on the Landing Page.
You can preview the landing page as well. Select Continue when you are done.
15) Send your campaign
When you are satisfied with the settings of your campaign, you can send it out to your students. If you wish to send it at another date, select Save and Exit.
You are able to make changes to your campaign even after it has been sent: Edit a Campaign. You can check the progress of your campaign: Navigate: Monitor a Campaign.