First Time Access - New to UWL
How to log in or activate your UWL account for the first time.
Are you new to UWL and have been given your Student ID from Admissions or Employee ID from Human Resources?
Here is how you log into your account for the first time in order to access WINGS, Office 365, Canvas and more:
1. Go to https://www.uwlax.edu/info/password-reset/ and click on First Time Access.
2. Check the "I'm not a robot" box, select the images if prompted, type in yes and then click Next.
3. Enter in your UWL Student ID number or Employee ID number along with your birth date. Then click Next.
- If you currently believe that your Student ID number or Employee ID number and birth date is incorrect, then please ensure that you have the correct information with Records and Registration (if an Applicant or Student) or Human Resources (if a Faculty or Staff), and they should be able to update and/or correct any information on file with UWL.
4. Read the Phishing Awareness page carefully:
- Read the "Please, always be aware of Phishing Scams!!" message.
- Check the "I understand Information Technology Services will never ask for my password" box.
- Watch the video "Cyber Security - Don't Click the Link!"
- Check the "I have watched the video and understand the risks with phishing" box.
- Read the "Remember" section.
- Check the "I acknowledge the above items and wish to proceed with my account activation / recovery" box.
- Then click Next.
*Note: You will have to scroll down in order to see everything on this page.
5. Send yourself a verification code to your Non-University Email or Text Enabled Phone by checking the preferred method of contact and then select Send.
- However, if you no longer have access to the listed email accounts or phone numbers, then faculty and staff should contact Human Resources while students should contact Records and Registration to get their personal contact information updated.
- If you select Send without selecting or checking your Non-University Email or Text Enabled Phone, then it will give you an error and you will have to start the process over again.
6. The next page should give you your NetID information along with being prompted to set up your new password for the first time.
- Note: Please ensure that your new password meets the password requirements or you will receive an error after trying to submit your new password, which indicates that your password does not meet the requirements and you will have to start the process all over again.
7. Once your password has been successfully created, then you should be able to log into WINGS, Office 365, Canvas and more.
- *Note: Applicants applying to UWL for the first time will only have access to WINGS for application purposes.
8. However, if you receive an error during the activation process, then please try again. You can also try clearing your web browser's "all time" history, cache and cookies or use private browser or a use different web browser instead before trying again as well. Or, try going to our password reset page, click on "Password Management" and then click on "Expired or Forgotten" to create your new password. The step-by-step guide on this can be found here too: Password Reset Help.