Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Canvas - How do I use the calendar?
The calendar function is available on the Global Navigation Bar. You can also get to the Calendar from an individual course. You have access to course calendars, which are available for everyone in the course to see, as well as a personal calendar, to which only you have access.
- Canvas guide: How do I use the Calendar as an instructor?
- Canvas guide: How do I add an event to a course calendar?
- Canvas guide: How do I add and duplicate an event in the Calendar as an instructor?
- Canvas guide: How do I add an assignment from the Calendar?
- Canvas guide: How do I edit an event or assignment in the Calendar?
- Canvas guide: How do I add a Scheduler appointment group in a course calendar?
Tips and Tricks
- You can add events and assignments to your calendar; adding an assignment in the calendar automatically adds that assignment to the course grade book as well.
- Use events to add synchronous sessions to students to do list and course calendar.
- If your course has multiple sections, the Calendar allows you to set different event dates for calendar events that are not linked to assignments. Different due dates for assignments to appear in the calendar should be managed through Assignments.
- To move something in your calendar, just drag and drop it to a new date.
- Your Canvas calendar can also be linked to your Outlook Calendar feed or other mail apps: How do I subscribe to the Calendar feed using Outlook as an instructor?
Appointment Scheduler in Calendar
The calendar has another useful feature that allows students to schedule appointments with you, known as the scheduler. This allows you to set up blocks of time when you are available and make them accessible to your students to reserve, even groups of students working on projects. Useful links are below.
- Using the calendar
- Adding ungraded events to the calendar (readings or other work in preparation for class)
- Why use the scheduler
- How to use it
- This is a non-UWL page that offers valuable links and information