First Time Access - New to UWL
How to log in or activate your UWL account for the first time.
Are you new to UWL and have been given your Student ID (first obtained from Admissions) or Employee ID (obtained from Human Resources)? Here is how you log into your account for the first time in order to access Office 365, Canvas and more:
1. Go to https://www.uwlax.edu/info/password-reset/ and click on First Time Access.
2. Check the "I'm not a robot" box, select the images if prompted, type in yes and then click Next.
3. Enter in your UWL Student ID number or Employee ID number along with your birth date. Then click Next.
*Note: Your Student ID number, which is first given to you by Admissions, or Employee ID number, which is first given to you by Human Resources, is the one with all numbers and it is not the same as your NetID.
- *Note: If you receive an error stating that "the information you provided does not match what we have on file" after entering in your Student ID number or Employee ID number and date of birth, then please ensure that you have the correct information in order to proceed. This may include checking in with Records and Registration (if an Applicant or Student) and Human Resources (if a Faculty/Staff) to verify that your ID number and date of birth are correctly on file since they are the ones that will be able to correct or update that information instead.
4. Read the Phishing Awareness page carefully:
- Read the "Please, always be aware of Phishing Scams!!" message.
- Check the "I understand Information Technology Services will never ask for my password" box.
- Watch the video "Cyber Security - Don't Click the Link!"
- Check the "I have watched the video and understand the risks with phishing" box.
- Read the "Remember" section.
- Check the "I acknowledge the above items and wish to proceed with my account activation / recovery" box.
- Then click Next.
*Note: You will have to scroll down in order to see everything on this page.
5. The next page should give you your NetID information along with being prompted to set up your new password for the first time.
6. Once your password has been created, then you should be able to log into Office 365, Canvas and more.
7. However, it you receive an error on this page, then please try again. You can also try clearing your web browser's "all time" history, cache and cookies or use a private browser instead before trying again as well. Or, try going to our password reset page, click on Password Management and then click on Expired or Forgotten to create your new password. The step-by-step guide on this can be found here: Password Reset Help.
*Need more help? Then contact the Eagle Help Desk.