Connecting to UWL-Eagle WiFi: Troubleshooting Techniques
Troubleshooting techniques for connecting to UWL-Eagle.
Here are some troubleshooting techniques you could try if you are experiencing a connection issue or unable to connect to the UWL-Eagle WiFi while on campus.
*Note: If you are not a UWL student or a UWL employee, then you will be unable to connect to UWL-Eagle, so you will need to connect to UWL-Guest instead.
1. Check out our KB articles on how to connect your specific device to the UWL-Eagle wireless at https://kb.uwlax.edu/search.php?q=wifi.
2. Turn off your WiFi and then turn it back on again. Also, double check that you do not have "Airplane Mode" turned on since this mode will not allow you to connect to the Internet in general.
3. Double check that you have the UWL-Eagle network selected as your current WiFi connection because the UWL-Guest network could have been accidentally selected instead. Also, check your network setting to make sure you do not have UWL-Guest selected to automatically connect.
4. Students, please remove any computers or laptops, smartphones, iPads and/or tablets from the My Device Portal because having those devices registered will interfere with connecting to UWL websites while connected to UWL-Eagle. You can access the My Device Portal at https://mydevices.uwlax.edu and more information about the My Device Portal can be found at https://kb.uwlax.edu/65317 or at https://www.uwlax.edu/its/network-telecom/mydevices/.
5. Try forgetting the UWL-Eagle network on your device and then reconnect with your NetID and password. You can usually do this within your device's network or WiFi settings in which you can select the network and then choose to "forget" it. Afterwards, try reconnecting with your UWL credentials again.
6. If your account is locked out, then you will be unable to join the network. You can unlock your account by going to our password reset page at https://www.uwlax.edu/info/password-reset/ and then select "Account Locked." Here is a KB article on how to unlock your account using this page: https://kb.uwlax.edu/89823.
7. If your NetID password is expired or if you are getting an "incorrect username and/or password" message, then you will not be able to join the Eagle network as well. You can reset your NetID password using the "Expired or Forgotten" option after selecting "Password Management" at the password reset page at https://www.uwlax.edu/info/password-reset/. Here is a KB article with more password reset help: https://kb.uwlax.edu/89101.
8. Try restarting the device that you are using to connect to the UWL-Eagle WiFi.
9. Apply any pending software or hardware updates to your device. This may include making sure that you have the most up-to-date network driver installed for your computer.
10. Check out our status page to see if there are any issues with the WiFi in general. This information can be found at http://status.uwlax.edu/.
11. Contact or stop by the Eagle Help Desk for further assistance.